18 April 2010

An AOWD course...

Visibility: a very nice 50 feet
Water temperature: a comfortable 68º ?!?
Surface conditions: some wind and some waves...
Current: nice and gentle...


Chris has been diving several days with us, when he decided to do an advanced course.
Here you see him while doing his exercises on 100 feet, the deep dive. Here it was 'cold', a 68º cold, because for normally it is like 65º, real cold, on the bottom.

While Chris was buzy, the rest of us was having a good time. We don't dive the deep or 100 pies that much, 'cause normally in winter it's dark and cold. Now the conditions were great and gave a spectacular view on a group of anberjacks, chasing each other, circeling us... Big schools of snapper, big dog snappers, grunts all over the place and a lot of nudibranches... Strange I never see these little animals, is it because I'm color blind or just because I'm destracted with all that's happening all around me. If the deep is going to be like this, we defenitely are going to go here more often. I'll keep my eyes on the rocks and take some photos of nudribranches... if somebody can point them out to me. A guide in need of a guide...
Hey Cris, glad you can join us again, sorry you missed all this fun, but now you're an Advanced Open Water Diver, and a good one... Congratulations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment